This recipe all of a sudden manifested itself when my wife was mentioning something along the lines of wanting to eat pizza. Being on Keto limits what I’m allowed to eat and not. I’ve made Keto crackers with almond flour quite a few times and they came out great. The Idea behind this is wanting to eat something different, be something easy to make, and be something new. Taste tests from my young children, mother, and wife all came back with great feedback ( it was tasty).
Only thing I would change to this would be to chiffonade the basil and add it a couple of minutes before the timer ends on the last oven placement ( just so it doesnt wilt as much).
Keto - Almond Crust Pizza
- 1 tbsp Almond Flour
- 1 pinch Salt Himalayan
- 1 pinch Oregano
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup Mozzarella Cheese Grated
- 1/2 cup Parmesan Cheese Grated
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 cup Trader Joe's - Three Cheese Pasta Sauce
Prep Work / Making the Crust:
- Add Almond Flour, Salt, Oregano, in a bowl and whisk until mixed.
- Add 1 Large Egg into mixture, continue to turn until it becomes a doughy texture.
- Add 1 cup of Mozzarella Cheese to doughy mixture and combine the two.
- Spread combined mixture onto parchment paper and roll into pizza like shape. Don't spread the mixture too thing or else it will be susceptible to burn.
Baking the pizza
- Pre-heat oven to 350
- Place pre-mixed / rolled mixture in the oven. Wait 10 MINUTES
- Spread sauce on top of pizza, Add 1/2 cup of Mozzarella cheese that was left over as well as the Parmesan on top. Spread evenly.
- Place pizza back in the oven for 10 minutes.
- At the 10 minute mark add basil and leave for 5 minutes
- Eat pizza!